Friday, 1 May 2015

Loving the little things 2015 - 18/52

Read
I'm still reading the two books from last week, slowly but time has been short being so chaotic sorting this house out but i will finish them! I came across this simple yet so strong blog post here Girls are Not Tomboys – They are Girls - I absolutely love it and love that we're raising our girls this way. They love doing all these things and its so wonderful to embrace and show them its a good thing to be themselves, not a label of "tomboy". I was the girl who climbed the trees, wore the odd dress & got filthy playing by the stream! Over the years i've learned that being the best honest version of yourself really means something, none of all the other stuff matters!

I also love this little wooden plaque I got in the sale for £2.50 a while back, the words are just lovely. Its currently sitting next to fresh flowers, a house of fresh eggs in our newly fitted (dusty) kitchen that still needs work!

Watched
I watched this fantastic keynote from last years Blogtacular event, so inspiring! And it also sealed to deal in my confidence... made the plunge and booked my ticket for this years event! My first ever blog event! nervous but excited to learn new things, finally meet some lovely bloggers i've spoken to for a while and to walk away feeling inspired! Are you going? is it your first time? 


I'm really trying to cut out sugar so watching this fab vlog by Jess was really helpful! Sadly, I still can't stand hummus! :(

Wore
Team Jellies with my girls.
My lovely Ruby-Woo lippy to the VIP event we were invited to by Thaikhun restaurant.

Poor quality (Mr b has a few beers by this point!) ad you can't really see my outfit, but i wore my trusty GANT blazer, next patent brogues, H&M shorts & jersey black top.
  
Heard
Have you heard this on the Radio? sounds like such a fab event!!

Made


Excuse the Christmas cookie cutters, but we made some yummy chocolate & cranberry cookies in the week, they got scoffed!

I also 'made' and wrote about my Happiness list, and the third week of my 'let them be little project' post is live until next week if you fancy joining in :)

lastly.. 
Dont you love it when you have these mornings? Its been a minority this week due to so much going on! but heres to more of them! 


Linking up with But Why Mummy Why with:
butwhymummywhy

You can also find me at...




SHARE:

26 comments

  1. I love that lippy and yuor outfit is super cute.

    You can't beat a bit of baking. The shape doesn't really matter in your tummy!
    Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh those cookies sound awesome. I'll have to have a go at making them with Elsa. I can't stand hummus either. Even the thought of it makes me ill.

    Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I really do try to like it, but cant! x

      Delete
  3. You look gorgeous sweetpea. I really love your shorts, and the red lipstick! And the sun jellies are amazing too. I had matching ones to my kiddies last year as well :) Have a great Bank holiday weekend! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh matching jellies are the one right?! thank you, you too xx

      Delete
  4. Those cookies look lovely and it sounds like a wonderful week. You look great for your VIP event! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the photo of you is lovely! I'm on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick too. Haven't found it yet though. Blogtacular looks amazing. I wanted to go but it's the same weekend we're on holiday so I've booked for BritMums instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh MAC Rubywoo is lovely! Ah have fun at Britmums lady :) xx

      Delete
  6. I love hummus, so I'll eat your quota for you, if that's OK? Looking lovely on your night out. I'd kill for your long legs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely fine! Oh thank you, I am still yet to come to accept how long they are lol like my dads! x

      Delete
  7. I love so much about this post. I googled Thaikhun and it looks amazing (we love Thai food) we may need to book a night out! The cookies looks tasty and I haven't worn jellies since I was a kid but I'm loving seeing them about this year. Love that quote at the bottom too x have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely night, you should book! Thank you, the jellies are so comfy! I feel nostalgic wearing them! ;) x

      Delete
  8. Those cookies look delicious! Love that quote about mornings - I could do with more mornings like that! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely couple ye make! Love the red Lippy! Those cookies look great, I'm never going to loose the baby weight with you girls posting food pics like this....I end up googling recipes and sending the other half to the supermarket! Love that jar your flowers are in. Hope ye have a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! Oh I eat so many 'godies'... damn you sweet tooth! x

      Delete
  10. Loving discovering your little blog... It's right up my street! I just sat and stared at that top photo for a little while cos it's just. so. pretty. Can't wait for your kitchen reveal! Loving the jelly shoes... Think. Might just invest for me and my girls this summer too!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, made my day! Oh i can't wait to share once it's done! I love it! You really should! xx

      Delete
  11. I'm so happy that you're going to Blogtacular, it will be so lovely to meet you!
    Jellies are fab aren't they? As I stock them in my shop both my girls have lots of pairs but I've yet to get any for myself - think I need to change that!
    Hope you're having a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know can't wait to meet! Yes Jellies are so comfy! especially Jujus! xx

      Delete
  12. I've been to Radio 1 Big Weekend it was AMAZING! One of the best experiences of my life! Fantastic day.


    Beth | www.life-as-mum.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cookies look gorgeous. Did you like Thaikhun? We love the one in Manchester.

    ReplyDelete

© Little Jam Pot Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig